In a Nutshell
What is it? Agile working and Scrum are very structured forms of collaboration. They are based on the following essential elements.
- Willingness of each individual
- A clear goal or deliverable
- Work in short time intervals (Sprint)
- Direct involvement of the customer
- Small and self-organized teams
- A high value orientation
Duration? Agile Coaches accompany Scrum teams for 2–3 months or longer. Introductory workshops usually last 1–2 days.
Remote? Yes! Online trainings, workshops and Scrum events can be carried out by professional digital facilitation online using virtual whiteboard tools.
For how many? A Scrum Team of 5–7 people is ideal.
Why and what is the goal? We live in a time of constant change, in our digitalized world. Agility means in brief, the ability to adapt to these changes quickly, and directly in line with customer’s needs. The goal for agile teams is to become self-organized, to constantly optimize, to achieve products with high customer value and ROI in short sprints.
Are you ready for?Agile Project Management with Scrum and Agile Leadership
To work and lead in an agile manner requires both flexible, and new agile practices, as well as leaders who support their employees in becoming more autonomous and taking on more responsibility. Often values and principles need to be redefined and brought into line with the Agile Manifesto. The Agile Manifesto is one of the essential milestones of the modern agile movement. It provides understanding and orientation for agile working. This is also the case with Scrum, Kanban and XP.
Scrum (the name is derived from rugby and is used to resume the game) is a framework and procedure model for project and product management, especially for agile software development. It was originally developed for and by techies, but Scrum is now used in many sectors by self-organized teams. An agile organization is, in very simplified terms, a people-driven enterprise in which teams collaborate and products (or processes) are developed using an incremental scrum Sprint process and where the creation of value is set as the measure of success.
Four main components of Scrum in organizations are shown here:
Start your digital transformationKarla Schlaepfer is a certified Scrum Master + Agile Coach
What is self-organization and why is it so important?
Here are 5 dimensions of self-organisation:
- Purpose makes sense – Inspiring goals for all.
- Autonomy and responsibility – Strengthening ownership in the team.
- Fluid networking – Developing and maintaining Agile Structures.
- Accelerated learning – In the team and for the customer.
- The power of culture – Values and dialogue-oriented communication.
What does the Scrum Master do?
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum. Scrum Servant Leadership Masters do this by helping everyone in the company to understand and implement the Scrum theory, practices, process, rules and values.
Karla Schlaepfer has a skill set with deep knowledge of change processes (non-fiction book author) and innovation methods (Design Thinking and Design Sprints). Her competencies as a Design Thinker, Agile Coach and Scrum Master put her in the very special position of being able to integrate her long experience into a diverse selection of methods along the entire innovation process. The combination of these qualifications is unique on the market.
Interested? Let’s talk about your special wishes for agility!
Get Going!What can a Scrum Master do for your organization?
- Introduction, coaching of the organization, team, and stakeholders in the introduction of Scrum - theory, practices, process, and values.
- Promote an environment that includes self-organization, collaboration, an empirical and growth mindset, continuous improvement, and risk-minimizing.
- Use different models, tools, and coaching stances (teaching, mentoring, consulting, coaching) to enable development so that the team can become self-reliant.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies/events within the organization as needed.
- Strengthen the productivity, flow, and decision-making powers of the Scrum team.
- Support the Product Owner in several aspects including techniques for Product Backlog Management and value maximization.
- Encourage joint work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of Scrum application in the organization.
- Help teams and management meet the demands of an increasingly complex world and teach them how to minimize risk.
Are you interested in agile methods or scrum introduction workshop? Book a free consultation and …